Section 1: The Holy Scriptures
- We believe both Old and New Testaments to be the inspired Word of God, infallible, God-breathed, inerrant in the original writings, and the supreme and final authority of faith and practice.
Section 2: The Godhead
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit), identical in nature, equal in power and glory, and possessing the same attributes and perfections.
Section 3: The Total Depravity of Man
- We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but that in Adam’s sin the race fell, inherited a sinful nature, became alienated from God, and is and shall remain essentially and unchangeably depraved apart from divine grace.
Section 4: The Person and Work of Christ
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man without ceasing to be God in order that He might reveal God, fulfill prophecy, and redeem man. To this end He was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, thus receiving a human body and a sinless nature.
- We believe that He accomplished our redemption through His death on the cross as a substitutionary sacrifice, and that this redemption is made sure to us by His actual resurrection from among the dead. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is now in heaven, exalted at the right hand of God, where He now fulfills His High Priestly ministry as Representative, Intercessor, and Advocate for His people.
Section 5: The Person and Work of the Holy Spirit
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is the Third Person of the Trinity who convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment. He also in this present age regenerates believers in Christ, baptizes them into the church, the body of Christ, indwells them permanently, seals them unto the day of redemption, bestows spiritual gifts upon each one, and fills those who are dependent upon Him.
Section 6: Salvation
- We believe that salvation is the gift of God, brought to man by grace, and received through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose precious blood was shed for the forgiveness of our sins.
- We believe the Scriptures teach that regeneration, or the new birth, is that change wrought in the soul by the Holy Spirit, by which a new nature and spiritual life not before possessed, are imparted, and the person becomes a new creation in Christ Jesus.
Section 7: The Keeping Power of God
- We believe that all who truly receive Christ as Savior are kept by the power of God secure forever and shall never perish, this being vouchsafed by the sealing ministry of the Holy Spirit.
Section 8: The Responsibility of the Believer
- We believe that all believers should seek to live in such a manner as not to bring reproach upon their Lord and Savior, and that separation from sinful pleasures and practices is commanded of God.
- We believe that it is the obligation of every believer to witness by life and by word to the truths of the Holy Scriptures and to seek that the gospel be proclaimed to all the world.
- We believe that it is the responsibility of all believers to remember the work of the Lord in prayer and active participation, and to support it with their means as the Lord has prospered them.
Section 9: The Church
- We believe that the church, which had its beginnings on the day of Pentecost, is the body and bride of Christ, and is a spiritual organism made up of all born again persons, irrespective of their affiliation with Christian organizations.
- We believe that it is the responsibility of each believer, as a member of this spiritual organism, to affiliate with a local organization as a testimony of his relationship to Christ, for his own edification and growth, for fellowship with others of like-mind, and to further the evangelization of the lost.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Head of the church, and that every local church has the right under Christ to decide and govern its own affairs.
Section 10: The Personality of Satan
- We believe that Satan is a person who is the declared enemy of both God and man; he is the Devil, the Evil One, and the accuser of the brethren.
Section 11: The Blessed Hope
- We believe in the personal imminent return of the Lord Jesus Christ in the air (a pretribulational rapture of the church) to take His church to be forever with Himself to share His glory. This blessed hope set before us in Scripture involves the resurrection of the dead in Christ and the translation of those of His own who are alive and remain unto His coming. Before entering an eternal state of glory, we believe Jesus will rule for a literal 1000 year period upon the earth (a premillennial view of eschatology)
Section 12: The Eternal State
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead, life hereafter, and the association of the faithful with Christ everlasting.
Section 13: The Church Ordinances
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ instituted the ordinances of water baptism and the Lord’s Supper, to be observed until His return, not as a means of obtaining salvation, but as evidence of obedience.
If you have a question about our beliefs or any other issues, please feel free to email Pastor Hodges at anytime.